With hundreds of paint colors to choose from, selecting the shades just right for your home can be daunting. Good Housekeeping magazine recently rounded up the top 10 paint colors most often used by professional home designers. Get inspired by them:
1. Palladian Blue
– By Benjamin Moore, this blue-green-grey shade can be used in any room, and is especially ideal for cooling down a sun-filled room or adding tranquility to a bedroom.
2. Garden Stone
– By Clark+Kensington, this classic warm grey shade is a designer favorite projected to stand the test of time.
3. Manchester Tan
– By Benjamin Moore, this shade is a go-to warm neutral favored because it changes with the light, going from rich to fresh.
4. Compatible Cream
– By Sherwin Williams, this creamy yellow shade is warm and inviting, but not too sunny.
5. Intense White
– By Benjamin Moore, this shade gives off a light grey-ish tone. Designers use it as a backdrop for rooms with brightly colored furniture.
6. Sprout 0.6
– By Colorhouse, this shade has a slightly pinkish hue, and is often chosen for ceilings because it reflects flatteringly on people in the room.
7. Revere Pewter
– By Benjamin Moore, this fail-safe neutral shade is the perfect alternative to white, ideal for open floor plans with just a hint of color.
8. Decorator’s White
– By Benjamin Moore, this shade has pure white undertones that provide a crisp, clean look on ceilings or trim, or in bathrooms.
9. Essential Grey
– By Sherwin Williams, this shade is best paired with white trim for a clean, sophisticated aesthetic.
10. Wool Skein
– By Sherwin Williams, this neutral shade coordinates well with any color.
Published with permission from RISMedia.